County Commissioners vote on CU South and the "four-body review." Public Hearing
June 28, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm (2 days from now)
Boulder County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl St., 3rd floor hearing room. see map
The Boulder County Commissioners and Planning Commission will deliberate and vote on CU South and whether to keep the "four-body" review process in the BVCP.
This is a public hearing, all citizens (City and County) are strongly encouraged to sign up to speak.
- Click here to sign up online to speak as an individual. Advance sign up is strongly encouraged.
- You can use these
talking points as a guide if you wish to speak about CU South.
- Email Save SOBO at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to donate (pool) your time to a speaker. A huge turnout of both speakers and poolers is needed!
- It is also important to speak in favor of keeping the four-body review:
- Checks & balances are vital to democracy. We currently have this, with four bodies of City Council, City citizens' Planning Board, County Commissioners, and County citizens' Planning Commission.
- Forever eliminating the County citizen Planning Commission's voting role is wrong. Citizens in County areas are affected by the four body decisions; why should they be under-represented?
- Punishing the County Planning Commission for voting against the Twin Lakes high density proposal, by forever eliminating their voting role, is mean-spirited, bad governance.
- See Susan Lambert's excellent editorial